Problem with MarvikShop Installation

More
12 years 5 months ago #362 by mjabate
I purchased MarvikShop assuming it would be just an easy installation and I could have my shop up and running. I haven't been able to even install it without problems. If there is an easier solution to the one below I am open to it. I have tried almost every solution posted online and only one made progress. I usually use Virtuemart, but it hasn't been developed for 1.7. Please have a look.

I'm hoping that someone can help me solve this problem as I have spent the entire day reading posts and trying to solve it myself. Here is what I am working with first:

Database Version 5.1.37
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.0
Web Server Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 1.7.0 Stable [ Ember ] 19-Jul-2011 14:00 GMT

I purchased the latest version of MarvikShop today and followed the instructions for installation. After editing the index.php files an error message comes up when I clicked "Clean Install".

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/.../public_html/includes/functions/compatibility.php:19)

I tried all solutions posted here with no luck and only found these two posts that solved the problem:

github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2/blob/m...ns/compatibility.php

github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2/blob/m...ns/compatibility.php

This allowed me to complete the installation but also brought about another error message:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\catalog\includes\classes\language.php on line 87

I solved this by using this post:
forums.oscommerce.com/topic/341025-funct...eregi-is-deprecated/

Then another error came up:
Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated

This I solved by changing 'split' to explode.

Now I have another error message:
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in \xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_oscommerce\index.php on line 471

I feel like this is a rocky road and I just want a component that installs properly the first time. Please get in touch with me as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #363 by Sandra
The problem is PHP Version 5.3.0 with Oscommerce.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/.../public_html/includes/functions/compatibility.php:19)

This means somewhere else was this declared. What you can do is to delete these rules.

For the last one. Try to delete 470 to 507. And looks what happen then.
The frontview is done by 'mshop_pl_src.php'

More
12 years 5 months ago #365 by Support Team
Some other solution could be this:

If you upgraded to PHP 5.3, chances are high you’re going to run into a few warnings or deprecated function messages.
An example is the ereg family of functions, which are gone for good, as they were slower and felt less familiar than the alternative Perl-compatible preg family.

To migrate ereg():
ereg('\.([^\.]*$)', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

becomes:
preg_match('/\.([^\.]*$)/', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

Notice that I wrapped the pattern (\.([^\.]*$)) around / /, which are RegExp delimiters. If you find yourself escaping / too much (for an URL for example), you might want to use the # delimiter instead

$this->file_dst_name_body = ereg_replace('[^A-Za-z0-9_]', '', $this->file_dst_name_body);

Becomes:
$this->file_dst_name_body = preg_replace('/[^A-Za-z0-9_]/', '', $this->file_dst_name_body);

Again, I just added delimiters to the pattern.
If you are using eregi functions (which are the case-insensitive version of ereg), you’ll notice there’re no equivalent pregi functions. This is because this functionality is handled by RegExp modifiers.

Basically, to make the pattern match characters in a case-insensitive way, append i after the delimiter:
eregi('\.([^\.]*$)', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

becomes
preg_match('/\.([^\.]*$)/i', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

More
12 years 5 months ago #366 by Support Team
Hi,

We are just busy with a new version. Let us know what happen with this update. It contained some fixes for php 5.3. Just replace the files.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds
Events Joomla
MarvikShop
Finnaly it's here:

No bridges, no look a likes!
This is the ultimate integration
between Oscommerce and Joomla!
Documentation
Site Showcase
Follow us