Values Maintenance for Extra Product Fields

More
12 years 4 months ago #425 by Sandra
1- products etc. is this add-on

Extra Product Fields 1.0

But don't you mean product attributes to do your job?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #426 by 5thsun
I can try downloading that add-on but it seems like what I'm trying do to should be possible with the existing feature set, it's just that that button doesn't work in MarvikShop.

No, I don't think this is a Product Attribute because these aren't options for the buyer to choose (like Size) but rather a property of the item itself (like it's Designer) that I want to enter from drop-down list at the time that I create a product.

More
12 years 4 months ago #427 by Sandra
There are many ways to go to Rome. What about renaming manufacturers 1 2 and 3, to height, designer and Colour?

Extra Product Fields 1.0 is from June 2011. Joomla 1.7 later. Maybe it's not integrated well. As I told you before, I don't use this add-on. I can't even find it. :pinch:

I know there is a connection between the three "1-" maybe you have to read the add-on carefully, to know what's missing.

More
12 years 4 months ago #428 by 5thsun
I'm not sure why you can't find it, I'm using a standard install of the latest version of MarvikShop and I have described the steps to get to it. I looked at the installation instructions for the OSCommerce add-on you suggested, and it's definitely not something I would feel comfortable doing (too many file edits!).

This is the HTML for the button that doesn't work:
Code:
<td colspan="2" align="right" class="main"><form name="" action="http://www.william-cross.com/administrator/index.php" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_oscommerce"><input type="hidden" name="osMod" value="extra_values"><input type="hidden" name="action" value="new"><input type="hidden" name="list_id" value="2_1"><input type="submit" name="new" value="Add A Value To This Field/Language" alt="Add A Value To This Field/Language"><form name="sub" action="http://www.william-cross.com/administrator/index.php" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_oscommerce"><input type="hidden" name="osMod" value="extra_values"><input type="hidden" name="get" value=""><input type="hidden" name="action" value="new"><input type="hidden" name="list_id" value="2_1">&nbsp;Add A Sub-Value To This Value: <select name="parent" onChange="this.form.submit();"><option value="0" SELECTED>--none--</option></select></td>

Does that help at all to fix this problem? I would really like to use this module the way it was designed.

Let me know, thanks.

Luis.

More
12 years 4 months ago #429 by Sandra
Found it!

I did not know, you have to fill the complete list

Catalog Status: Enabled
Available In Admin: : Enabled
Sort Order: 0
Applies to product types: all
Directly Searchable: Yes
Show Field In Product Listings: No
META Keyword: No
Uses A List Of Values: Yes
User May Select: single value
Selected Using: Pull Down Menu
Restricts Product Listings: Yes
Show Parent Values: Yes
Quick Search Box: Yes
Number Of Check/Radio Columns: 2
Display Values As: Text Only

I got the same screen you got. Unfortunately I don't use this add-on. But I got a tip.

You can make a sub domain with the latest Oscommerce 2.3.1. Then you install this add-on on this version. And looks what's different in working process. Maybe something is missing in the database? I don't think there is a button missing.

You can find the button here:

adminsite -> extra_values.php 424
Code:
if (!$field_info['epf_multi_select']) echo tep_draw_form('sub', tep_href_link(FILENAME_EXTRA_VALUES, 'get')) . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'new') . tep_draw_hidden_field('list_id', $list_id). '&nbsp;' . BUTTON_SUBVALUE . ': ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('parent', tep_build_epf_pulldown($eid, $lid, array(array('id' => 0, 'text' => TEXT_NONE))), 0, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"') ; ?></td>

BUTTON_SUBVALUE => you can find the definition in the language file

define('BUTTON_SUBVALUE', 'Add A Sub-Value To This Value');

When I click the button the page reloads. That's because FILENAME_EXTRA_VALUES is the same page.

I update the file a little. So there is a new screen. The next problem is how to put the information into the osc_extra_field_values table.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 5thsun

More
12 years 4 months ago #430 by 5thsun
Hi Sandra,

That's fantastic! The new file works on my installation. Are you still looking into how to get the values into the osc_extra_field_values table? (I'm afraid that's a little beyond my database abilities!)

Thanks for the effort so far! If you celebrate it, Merry Christmas!!

Luis :)

Events Joomla
MarvikShop
Finnaly it's here:

No bridges, no look a likes!
This is the ultimate integration
between Oscommerce and Joomla!
Documentation
Site Showcase
Follow us