More than an update!
Today we announced MarvikShop 3.4. This version is compatible with php 7 and Joomla 3.6.x. MarvikShop itself works within Joomla as a component, it installs through the Joomla extensions manager and uses the Joomla registration form. It is very easy to migrate from osCommerce to MarvikShop. Marvikshop uses the same database tables as osCommerce.
Php 7 load speed improvements
PHP latest version 7.0 is launched in the market with its exciting features and impressive performance. According to W3techs, PHP has a market share of 81.5%. Among all PHP versions, 98.7% PHP websites are using PHP V5. However, the latest PHP version is expected to outperform all the previous versions.
If your website is developed on PHP based Content Management System like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and Drupal, then this is the best time to upgrade your website because PHP 7.0 is a full package of surprising and cutting edge features.
PHP New Generation engine has been conceived on the idea of improved speed. With Just-in-Time (JIT) compilation, you can instantly run compilations instead of waiting for execution time. According to Zend, this PHP7 development will offer improved PHP7 performance in two ways.
- Firstly, it will allow you to serve the same number of users or traffic load but by using fewer servers.
- Secondly, the code of your site will be executed faster.
- According to the official website of Zend, PHP 7 will be 2X faster.
- PHP 7.0 is also significant to cleaner website for faster speed. For improving the speed and site performance, PHP 7 operates by cleaning the environment in two different ways.
- It removes the functionality which had been deprecated in PHP 5.0 version. Here is a detailed study of deprecated functionality in PHP 5.0.
- It removes the dead SAPIs and extensions or those which do not support PHP 7.0. Here is a complete understanding of how it removes dead SAPIs.